How to replace a Ford Windshield Wiper Blade. Over time, the windshield wipers wear out in your Ford Tempo, due to use and / or aging. Traveling with cracked or damaged wiper blades can pose a hazard to driving if you are in rainy weather and the blades are not cleaning the rain on the windshield. Replacing the wiper blade assembly in a Ford Tempo will take only a few minutes to complete.
- Look for the retaining clip on the top center of the windshield wiper blade of your Ford Tempo. Slide a screwdriver under the clip and lift up.
- Slide the old wiper blade assembly to the sides to remove it from the retaining pin until it is clear of the dowel and discard the wiper blade assembly.
- Remove the new brush for your Ford Tempo from the packing and slide the retaining pin on the cleaning arm through the hole in the center of the blade assembly.
- Check that the wiper blade assembly is fully seated on the retaining pin and push the clip down onto the pin until it is secured.
- Through 4 for the other wiper blade assembly.